Oh how I adore the mighty Coupon! Well okay, maybe Adore is not the correct word, but it is as close as I can come explaining in writing my feelings on coupons. In today's world, the prices of things are so outrageous, that it seems one simply MUST use coupons to help out the grocery bill. Today for example, I saved a good 12 dollars by using coupons and even managed to get a 4 pack of twin blade razors for FREE! SCORE! Now this Mumbling Mama doesn't generally use twin blade razors, nor does she generally use the Wilkinson Sword brand. But Hey, who am I to pass on free razors?!?! Especially when this Mumbling Mama has a Mumbling Pre-Teen (generally referred to as Mumbling Girl) who, as most 11 year old girls has a need to shave her under arms. And while once upon a time, a mother would teach her daughter to shave using a single blade..now you cant find a single blade razor..or at least this Mumbling Mama couldn't to save her life. So twin blades it is, and what better use for a free razor, then to pass it along to ones Pre-Teen daughter who is still in the process of becoming comfy with shaving that pesky under arm hair outa the way.
So COUPONS, I love them and the money they can save me. I hate having to search them out online, print them from my computer, cut them out using my own scissors, and then look at all the adds or blogs and try to match them up appropriately to the right store and the right sale. Especially since I have 4 Mumbling Children along with a Mumbling husband who are always with me when I shop LOL On the other hand, I have 2 .35 cents off and one buy 2 get one free coupons to use on nestle crunch bars..and I have a Walgreen's down the street..and I read on a blog that Walgreen's had those same candies on sale for .39 cents..so I can get 3 candies for .08 cents. So I am thinking I may stop bye my local Walgreen's tomorrow and see if I can't get me 3 candies for my 3 Mumblings Kiddies for .08 cents! Can't beat that price...
And now I digress yet again..as you can see this Mumbling Mama most certainly has a LOVE/HATE relationship with coupons. LOL I love them for all they give me! But I hate them for all the time it takes to find the darned things... on another note, I do believe I'm going to ask my loving Mumbling Folks to bring me their inserts from the Sunday Paper. LOL Why you might ask, will I ask them to bring me something I obviously love to hate, specially when I could get my own. Well that is very simple..there is undeniably something extremely satisfying about walking into a store with a stack of hard earned and found coupons and walking away with a great deal. and Yes I could use my own Sunday paper inserts...but this Mumbling Mama does not subscribe to a newspaper and does not have it in her budget to do so. So while I might love to hate coupons, and I might hate to love coupons. I most certainly do LOVE to use coupons, and I LOVE to get the reward that is at the end of the searching, price matching, bargain seeking lane..a nice ole hefty SAVING of the grocery bill.
No comments:
Post a Comment